Once you log in click the Menu button above to see more pages you can visit. If you are a Ave Maria Academy parent or coach and do not know your log in information or are having trouble logging in after you register using the link above, contact the Web Site Administrator.
The purpose of the Ave Maria Academy Athletic Association is to assist the Principal in providing an athletic program for the students of the Ave Maria Academy and is responsible for following the directives set forth by the Department of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Online AMA Athletics Calendar listing practices and events for all sports.
Online Fall Sports Registration
|Total Fall Athletes||161
Please read the following before registering your child for sports on this site:
- Help on Registering Your Child for Sports - Download a short video on how to register your family for this site, add family members, and register your children for sports.
- When registering on this site please include parents along with students when you enter family members.
- Online payment of your sports registration fees will be coming later in the summer.
Registration Requirements and Notes
- Waiver of Liability (Microsoft Word Version) - Parents must sign a Waiver of Liability for their children to take part in athletics at Ave Maria Academy. You may turn this form in to the school office or give it to a coach to turn in.
- Physician Medical Release Form - Turn this completed form in to the school office. The school needs this on file for your child to take part in any sport except the "Little" sports - Dribblers, Peps, Runners and Kickers. Your physical form for last year from your prior school is still valid if it is less than 1 year old.
- Due to the strict health and safety guidelines from the Diocese, the Athletic Association and coaches have decided it is best to delay Little Runners and Little Kickers until spring due to the challenge of maintaining mandatory social distancing at these age levels. We may revisit this decision later in the Fall and offer a shortened program.
- Since there is no Developmental Volleyball league in the Fall season we will only offer Developmental Volleyball (Grades 3-4) in the Spring season as a Coed sport.
- Paper Athletics Registration Form - Turn in this paper form to the school office only if you cannot use the online sports registration on this site.
- When you register your child for Football on this site, since South Hills Chargers Football is a joint program run out of St. Gabriel school, you also need to register at the following links:
- Ave Maria Academy Athletics Health and Safety Plan (Microsoft Word Version) (Updated 7/17/2020) - This plan is based on the Diocese of Pittsburgh template. We will review these guidelines and update them as necessary prior to the official start of the Fall sports season.
- Traveling Out of State - Any student athlete who leaves the state and visits one of the "hot spot" states must quarantine for two weeks (no participation in athletics). The PA Department of Health lists the "hot spots” states on their COVID-19 Information for Travelers page.
- Daily Screening and Attendance Record (Microsoft Word Version) - Ave Maria Academy requires an attendance record and a daily screening with a no-touch temperature check and questionnaire of student athletes, coaches, and other essential staff before they can take part in any school athletic activities.
- PIAA Return to Competition Guidelines (Updated 7/29/2020) - PIAA offers these considerations for the 2020-2021 school year on "Return to Competition" (at this time the PIAA individual sport considerations are just for Fall sports).
Athletic Association Officers
Each student athlete must pay a fee to offset the costs of running the program.
|Families with one child in the program
- $50.00 (1st sport)
- $20.00 for each added sport
|Families with more than one child in the program
- First child - $50.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Second child - $40.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Third child - $25.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
|Little Dribblers (basketball), Little Peps (cheer), Little Runners (cross country, track) and Little Kickers (soccer)
- $25.00 (These are separate fees and do not have family discounts)
The Athletic Association will not charge fees to students who take part in sports sponsored by other schools or organizations (i.e., Football and Golf). The sponsoring school or organization will manage the fees.