Once you log in click the Menu button above to see more pages you can visit. If you are a Ave Maria Academy parent or coach and do not know your log in information or are having trouble logging in after you register using the link above, contact the Web Site Administrator.
The purpose of the Ave Maria Academy Athletic Association is to assist the Principal in providing an athletic program for the students of the Ave Maria Academy and is responsible for following the directives set forth by the Department of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Winter Sports Pictures - February 22 and 23
Winter sports pictures are scheduled for February 22 and 23. We will take all pictures in Bethel campus gym and teams should arrive 10 minutes early and wait in the lobby. We ask that the team parent be there to help get the kids organized and ready to go. The photographer will be using half of the gym for pictures, so some of the practices may have to share the gym for these two days:
Also, we will be doing a composite team photo and for that the photographers will take green screen pictures full length for team photo. So there will be 2 photo sessions for each player:
- Their individual photo holding a ball with the gym background
- Their individual team shot with no ball in front of the green screen
We will schedule Cheer pictures after their uniforms come in at the end of February or early March.
Sign up for the AMA Shamrock Shuffle 5k Virtual Run/Walk
The Shamrock Shuffle is a Virtual 5k Run/Walk taking place on Saturday March 20, 2021 to Sunday March 21, 2021. 100% of the registration fees go directly to Ave Maria Academy. The race includes the following events: 5k Run/Walk - Individual Adult, 5k Run/Walk - Individual Child, and 5k Run/Walk - Household.
The registration deadline is March 1. Here is a flyer with more infromation → Flyer. You can register here → Registration
The full online AMA Athletics Calendar lists practices and events for all sports using the schools gyms and fields in a larger, easier to see format. The smaller agenda below focuses on today's events.
|Little Kickers (Spring)||39
|Little Runners (Spring)||37
Online Winter and Spring Sports Registration
Please read the following before registering your child for sports on this site:
- Help on Registering Your Child for Sports - Step by step instructions on how to register your family for this site, add family members, and register your children for sports. Help Video - A short video on how to register on this site. (The video is a little out of date so screens might look different.)
- When registering on this site please include parents along with students when you enter family members.
- Waiver of Liability (Microsoft Word Version) - Parents must sign one Waiver of Liability for each of their children that take part in athletics at Ave Maria Academy. One waiver covers all sports for that child for the school year. You may turn this form in to your childs coach.
- Physician Medical Release Form - Turn this completed form in to the school office or your childs coach. The school needs this on file for your child to take part in any sport except the "Little" sports - Dribblers, Peps, Runners and Kickers. Your physical form for last year is still valid if it is less than 1 year old.
- Paper Athletics Registration Form - Turn in this paper form to the school office only if you cannot use the online sports registration on this site.
To ensure the health of our kids and the continuation of the sports programs at Ave Maria Academy, we are looking for volunteers to help out at each practice, game and meet for our sports. Please consider volunteering your time as either a temperature taker, a social distancing monitor, a restroom escort, or handling concessions and/or working the door.
Ave Maria Academy uses two gyms for their league games - the gym at the Ave Maria Academy Bethel Park campus (formally St. Thomas More) and the gym at Our Lady of Grace school. We have the same policies related to COVID restrictions at both gyms - Spectator Policy.
- Ave Maria Academy Athletics Health and Safety Plan (Microsoft Word Version) (Updated 1/8/2021) - This plan is based on the Diocese of Pittsburgh template. We will review these guidelines and update them as necessary.
- Traveling Out of State - Any student athlete who leaves the state and visits one of the "hot spot" states must quarantine for two weeks (no participation in athletics). The PA Department of Health lists the "hot spots” states on their COVID-19 Information for Travelers page.
- Daily Screening and Attendance Record (Microsoft Word Version) - Ave Maria Academy requires an attendance record and a daily screening with a no-touch temperature check and questionnaire of student athletes, coaches, and other essential staff before they can take part in any school athletic activities.
- PIAA Return to Competition Guidelines (Updated 7/29/2020) - PIAA offers these considerations for the 2020-2021 school year on "Return to Competition" (at this time the PIAA individual sport considerations are just for Fall sports).
- Parent Behavior - Please watch this Dioceses of Pittsburgh video on parent behavior. The Diocese made it many years ago, but the message is just as relevant now as it was then, and it applies to all types of sporting events.
- Ave Maria Academy school web site
Athletic Association Officers
Each student athlete must pay a fee to offset the costs of running the program.
|Families with one child in the program
- $50.00 (1st sport)
- $20.00 for each added sport
|Families with more than one child in the program
- First child - $50.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Second child - $40.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Third child - $25.00 (1st sport) and $20.00 for each additional sport
|Little Dribblers (basketball), Little Peps (cheer), Little Runners (cross country, track) and Little Kickers (soccer)
- $25.00 for each (These are separate fees and do not have family discounts)
The Athletic Association will not charge fees to students who take part in sports sponsored by other schools or organizations (i.e., Football and Golf). The sponsoring school or organization will manage the fees.